Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wilhagan's

This week's trip was to Wilhagan's in downtown Tuscaloosa. This was a fun and casual night out for dinner and what turned into a night of trivia. Wilhagan's is a laid back fun restaurant with the best pool tables in Tuscaloosa, dart boards, good food, and TVs everywhere. Check them out on facebook.

Wes and I started with the sampler appetizer. I have had the chips and salsa and queso from Wilhagan's before and I know I love it. But, we decided to try something new. On the sampler we got onion rings, fried broccoli and cheddar bites, and wings. What a variety, right. I had some friends tell me the last time we were at Wilhagan's that the broccoli cheddar bites were the best thing on the list. And, I will be honest, I was doubtful. However, they were delicious. It might have been my favorite part of the meal. I dipped them in ranch and of course that makes them even better! The onion rings were done just perfectly too. As well as crispy, flavorful wings. We were very pleased with our appetizer decision.

I also decided to try a meal that was new. I always look at the prime rib biscuits but have never gotten them. Probably because half the time I go eat somewhere I am trying to make healthy decisions and choose chicken sandwiches. Which, by the way, Wilhagan's grilled chicken club is a really good choice. So, back to the biscuits. Any time you have the word biscuit in the name I am betting the food will be good. And, this time was no exception. The prime rib biscuits were really good. They came with horseradish sauce and au ju for dipping. I got the potato salad as the side and I feel certain they make this in the building. It was fresh and very tasty.

After dinner, we stayed and played trivia for the next couple hours. We lost and I left feeling much less smarter than when I walked in the building. I did see several plates of nachos come by our table and was tempted to order those too. They looked amazing. But, you will be glad to know I refrained. I thought a couple of fried foods, biscuits, and prime rib should fill a girl up. :)

I tried something different with my video this time. I wanted to be able to talk about the things we had tried so I took it in Wilhagan's after we ate. I can't get it uploaded here but its on our station websites when you type in the keyword dish. All the links are at the bottom of the page. I think it gives a good idea of the atmosphere. Like always, Wilhagan's will have $50 gift certificates for only $25 starting May 20th at 10am. You can click here to get to the purchase page.






No comments:

Post a Comment