Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Pigg Shack

Ok, y'all. We know there are lots of places to get BBQ in the south. And, The Pigg Shack should be at the top of your list!  The Pigg Shack is on Hillcrest School Road off 69 South. It is a cute little building with some picnic tables where you can sit. Or, you can drive-thru and take it with you. I picked up food to take home since it's so hot outside right now. We had a wonderful dinner and we got the chance to try lots of the food so I can tell you all about it. You can check them out on facebook and see even more of the good looking food. Big Ed's going to make sure the food is fresh, delicious and some of the best you will have.


Let's start with a basic. Any good BBQ place needs some good sauce. The Piggsicle sauce has been talked about around the radio station for a few months.  It lives up to the hype.


Ok, so the sauce is just the beginning. We got to try a sampler of several meats. Big Ed suggested ribs, pulled pork, and chicken. And, I knew that Pigg Shack was supposed to have good smoked chicken wings, and those are Wes' favorite. So, we had to try some of those too.  Here is a picture of the chicken that must of had some kind of dry rub seasoning. It had a great amount of flavor and was so juicy. 

Now, lets talk about the other meats. I don't necessarily consider myself a connoisseur of barbecue. The main idea is that I like it. So, what about the pulled pork. It was tender and had good flavor. You can't go wrong with this one. I asked Wes his thoughts on the ribs because I have a hard time judging. He said they had a good amount of meat and they fell off the bone. That means these ribs are a winner. And, when I took a bite that's exactly what I thought too. It was so tender and really did fall off the bone. The dry rub on these ribs was delicious too. And then for the chicken wings. I specifically asked for chicken wings because Wes is a big fan of smoked wings. These were my favorite.  The meat literally fell off the bone and I never have that happen with chicken wings. The dry rub was on these too and they are just wonderful.


We piled the meat on our plate and then moved on to the sides.  Pigg Shack has a few of the traditional sides as well as a few different sides. They have a great broccoli salad with what looks like golden raisins, bacon bits, and some kind of tasty sauce. It was lighter than most sides you get at a BBQ place and was really good. I know this is freshly made and will be one of my go-to sides at Pigg Shack. The baked beans have barbecue in them. Good beans! We also tried the mac and cheese which was obviously homemade. But, the potato salad was the best thing I had out of the entire dinner. I do not know what is in this potato salad but it isn't like anything else. Wes said I could quote him that this was possibly the best potato salad he has ever had.  I can't even figure out how to explain it to you I just know that it is awesome. Here is a picture of the entire plate of food.
So, if you haven't figured it out by now, I am recommending that you try all of the above from Pigg Shack. This is the perfect place to get some 4th of July picnic food, tailgating platters, or just family dinner. Be sure to grab a half price certificate on Friday June 17th on one of the station websites or click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment