Friday, July 1, 2011

Moe's Original Bar B Que

Oh, y'all. I had a great lunch this week at Moe's and I can't wait to tell you all about it. If you don't know Moe's, it's a great spot in downtown Tuscaloosa, right there on University Boulevard.  Moe's Original Bar B Que also has locations all around the country. You can see the list of locations, more pictures of their food, and see more about the food at their website or check them out on facebook. Like I said, it's a nice spot for lunch and dinner. You walk up and order at the counter and then grab a seat. I went with a co-worker, Lee. We had a great lunch in downtown. It isn't quite like a normal BBQ place. I hear it is a great spot for live music. We have been for dinner but not while the music is happening.  And they have a bar with their specialty, Bushwackers.

Ok, so on with the food part. I ordered the smoked turkey, but they were already out of it that day. It is such a popular item and I know it is delicious because I have had it before. So, instead I got the half smoked chicken. It came out looking great. You can see in the picture you get plenty of chicken. And, they have white barbeque sauce on top. It was moist and juicy and really tasty. I ordered an extra side, just for you guys, so you could hear about it :). Moe's has some "all the time sides" like their slaw, baked beans, potato salad, and banana pudding. And then they have specials of the day. I went with three sides that were specials. I got the macaroni and cheese, which Lee and I deamed as possibly the best in town! It is so creamy and just perfect. I also had the peas and corn and the cucumber salad. I find it hard to mess up cucumber salad. This was simply great for the summer. A light, fresh side with cucumbers, tomatoes, onions in a vinegar dressing. I would order it again. And even though I don't always love peas, the pea and corn dish was suprisingly great. The flavor of this dish had a little kick but not much. And, let's don't forget the cornbread. There is something special about the cornbread. I wouldn't call it mexican cornbread, but there is a little kick in it but not too much and is just plain delicious. You can see the hunk you get too. I did not leave hungry!


I also tried a few things on Lee's plate so I will tell you a little about that too. He had the smoked chicken wings and these have a really crispy outside. I liked the smoked flavor they had and really didn't need anything for dipping. But, if you want to, they give you some of the tasty white barbeque sauce for the wings. I also tried the marinated slaw and it is a lighter version of slaw with more of a vinegar base. It is super flavorful and really good. The black eye pea dish looked great but I didn't try it. And, I am not a lima bean fan but Lee says they are as good as a grandma would make. Now if that doesn't say they are delicious I don't know what would.

So, as you can tell, Moe's Original Bar B Que is more than just pulled pork, even though they have some great pulled pork. It is almost a meat and three meets BBQ meets live music. If you have been, you know you will see business people having lunch, families having dinner, and friends and dates out having a fun night in T-town. It is a great mix of it all and you have to try it if you haven't. So, what better way to do that but buy a half price certificate from one of the stations Friday July 8th, or just click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment