Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Opus

Let me tell you about an AMAZING experience Wes and I had at Opus. Opus is in Downtown Northport, right there on the corner of Main Ave when you get into downtown. I have been raving to friends, collegues, and just about anyone who would listen since that night. I wish I had gotten pictures of all the meal. I was, however, to busy devouring all the items to remember to take pictures. I did remember for dessert and for many out there that might be all that matters. I wanted a picture to share the atmosphere of Opus. The picture above shows you the main dining room. Isn't it lovely? What a great date night Opus made!! You can check them out on Facebook or their website.

Let's start with the appetizers we tried. Now, since I was there for the radio station promotion we were able to create a sampler of some of the appetizers. I don't think that's an option on a regular basis but it gives you an idea more on the menu. I will list starting with my favorite. Wes and I had similar 1through 4 rankings on this but not exactly the same. My favorite was the baked lobster macaroni and cheeses (yes, cheeses). Of course this is an amazing mac and cheese with lobster. What could be bad, right? It was so creamy and delicious!! We also tried the oyster du jour...this day it was Oysters Rockafeller. Neither Wes nor I are big oyster fans but we were both in love with these oysters. Opus is a sister restaurant to Kozy's and they have only brought over a few of the Kozy's items. The Kozy's mushrooms stuffed with angus beef parmesan and topped with cabernet demi glaze. We love stuffed mushrooms and these are no different. And we also tried the tempura eggplant fries with tzaziki dressing. These were much lighter than I expected and had a nice flavor with the dressing. All four of the appetizers were delicious and when we go back I will have a hard time deciding which one to order.

As if all that couldn't have been enough we each had a salad.  Now, Wes isn't much of a food sharer, but luckily on this night we shared all of our orders. I had the opus house and he had the grilled ceasar. I absolutely could not stop eating my salad. The dressing, a champagne dijion was unbelievable. I mean seriously, one of the best dressings I have had! The ceasar was no different. The biggest difference in this salad from others is the grilled romaine lettuce. The grilled flavor came out just enough to give the whole salad a different but delicious taste.

Now it came time to order the main meal. I had heard several people talking about the Newburg Pot Pie before we went. It was all you would imagine and more with lobster, shrimp, scallops, and and a delicious puff pastry on top. It was served with lobster spring rolls and grilled asparagus. The rich, creamy pot pie was to die for. We also ordered the filet mignon.  This was one of those times I was so glad we were getting to share our food because they were both so tasty but in very different ways. Of course, the steak was fabulous, great seasoning and perfectly cooked. By the time we got to this portion of the meal we were treading towards full but we pushed through and ate almost all of it. It was just too good to stop!

Now we get to dessert. I know many of you are wondering how we could have eaten one more bite. We were wondering the same thing. I truly thought it would be impossible until our waiter brought out these two unbelievable desserts. The cheesecake of the day was a mango white chocolate. As a cheesecake lover, this piece of cheesecake was divine. I still feel sad that I had to leave some of it on the table. And the apple bread pudding was a combination of warm apple pie, delectable bread pudding and a lovely warm sauce.



















All in all, this was one of the best meals Wes and I have had in a long time. Of course, we rarely go to a dinner where we order appetizers, salads, entrees, and desserts.  Nevermind ordering it all and not being able to stop eating any of it because it was too good.  Opus is a delicious addition to our community and is redefining fine dining, as they like to say on their facebook page.

You can buy a $50 gift certificate for only $25 here until they sell out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment